Responding to Complaints of Harassment – How to Conduct an Effective Internal Investigation
Tuesday, May 9 at 1pm CT / 2pm ET
1 CAE credit & 1 CMP credit
Sponsored by: Venable LLP
Login to Register
Investigating complaints of workplace harassment can be challenging for even the most seasoned of HR professionals. Responding to complaint properly and conducting an effective investigation are essential to minimizing both legal risks as well as negative impact on workplace culture. This program will address how to:
- Identify complaints of harassment,
- Respond to a complaint of harassment,
- Develop a step-by-step plan for conducting an internal investigation,
- Determine appropriate corrective actions,
- Communicate investigations findings to the complainant and the accused, and
- Develop a plan for moving forward after the investigation has been concluded.
Through an application of real-life examples, the program will discuss best practices, explore common pitfalls, and highlight areas of particular risk to organizations in investigating workplace harassment.
About the Speaker:
Jennifer Prozinski, Partner, Venable LLP
Jennifer Prozinski counsels employers in a broad range of labor and employment matters, and advises clients on compliance with a variety of federal and state laws. Jennifer assists with the development and implementation of employment policies; strategizing for lay-offs; determining disability accommodations; and drafting and negotiating executive employment, restrictive covenants, service, severance, and settlement agreements.